Sunday, February 6, 2011

In memory of


In this section of my front room on top of my book cases sits my memorial to those we've lost... The sand stone angel is from Shands hospital from when my mom was in the hospital there for a month not knowing if she would make it home I fell in love with it and my grandmother bought it for me for my birthday. Luckily my mother against all odds came home on my birthday. The flag was my father's and when he passed since I was the oldest I was given the honour of having it.... I was part of his passing or spreading so I went to the beach and grabbed a jar of sand from the beach he was spread at and put his picture on the jar in front of his flag. My friend Shannon took the wonderful butterfly picture for me as a reminder of my friend Shawna who passed way too early and loved butterfly's...we're all convinced her spirit grew wings. Then we have the rose still in the process of drying out and the black arm band over the frame and the egg in memory of my husbands grandfather who was the newest to add to this shelf. The person themselves may go but their spirit lives on in all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment